Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2018
- Five wins by KO, one by submission (Kimura)
- Three first-round finishes
- Origin of nickname: “My coach gave it to me. I would always come to practice and would say, ‘Coach, I am going to ‘Salsa’ you up...Going to F you up. I’m bringing the Salsa today.”
UFC Fight Night (8/26/23) Cortes-Acosta knocked out Lukasz Brzeski at 3:01 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (4/29/23) Cortes-Acosta lost a three round unanimous decision to Marcos Rogerio de Lima
UFC Fight Night (11/19/22) Cortes-Acosta won a three round unanimous decision over Chase Sherman
UFC Fight Night (10/29/22) Cortes-Acosta won a three round unanimous decision over Jared Vanderaa
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6
Episode two (8/2/22) Cortes Acosta stopped Danilo Suzart via punches at 3:40 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? 2015. I like the competition; I always have since I was a kid. I did not like to lose, and I enjoy the energy that a fight creates. I like to train, get better, compete and win.
What ranks and titles have you held? LFA heavyweight champ, RUF amateur champ
Do you have any heroes? My Dad
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It would mean everything. It would be a dream come true. As I mentioned, I like to compete, and I want to compete against the best.
What was your job before you started fighting? Semi Professional baseball pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds organization
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Undefeated all TKO's
Favorite grappling technique: Kimura
Favorite Striking technique: My right hand...Like I am throwing my fastball.