Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Araujo vs LeeRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
Chookagian vs AraujoRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
Modafferi vs AraujoRound3Time05:00MethodDEC
- Pro since 2015
- Has won eight of her last ten
- Three wins by KO, four by submission (3 armbar, heel hook)
- Four first round finishes
UFC on ESPN (5/14/22) Araujo won a three round unanimous decision over Andrea Lee
UFC 262 (5/15/21) Araujo lost a three round unanimous decision to Katlyn Chookagian
UFC on ESPN (1/20/21) Araujo won a three round unanimous decision over Roxanne Modafferi
UFC Fight Night (9/5/20) Araujo won a three round unanimous decision over Montana De La Rosa
UFC 245 (12/14/19) Araujo lost a three round unanimous decision to Jessica Eye
UFC 240 (7/27/19) Araujo won a three round unanimous decision over Alexis Davis
UFC 237 (5/11/19) Araujo knocked out Talita Bernardo at :48 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training MMA six years ago. I was already a brown belt in BJJ and collected many titles. Out of the blue, I started practicing Muay Thai, just for fun. I realized I was a natural, participated in a tournament and did really well. I liked the feeling of fighting standing up so I decided to pick up a sport that involved my two strong points and it’s been working out great.
What ranks and titles have you held?
- Former strawweight champion at Pancrase in Japan
- Brasilia Muay Thai Cup Champ (2017 & 2018)
- #1 Ranking world CBJJ brown belt, adult, lightweight 2015 (IBJJF)
- #3 Ranking world absolute brown belt adult 2015 (IBJJF)
- Champion Naga Brazil Grappling Championship gi and no-gi
- 6x Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Champion weight and absolute (CBJJ)
- No-Gi Jiu Jitsu champion weight and absolute
- 2x South American Jiu Jitsu Champion weight and absolute
- 3x Pan American Jiu Jitsu Champion weight and absolute
- Abu Dhabi Open Champion absolute
- 9x Brasilia champion weight and absolute
- Judo champion for university games open
Do you have any heroes? Yes, my mother, who took care of me and my siblings with a lot of grit and dedication.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s a big dream realized. I’ve always seen myself sharing the Octagon of the world’s largest MMA event with great athletes and I am writing my name in the history of MMA.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I am currently attending college. Two semesters away from graduating. Physical Education.
What was your job before you started fighting? I have always been involved in combat sports. I have and still do teach classes of BJJ, Muay Thai and self-defense to children and adults.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ black belt
Favorite grappling technique: Armlock