Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2010
- Six wins by KO, seven by submission (3 RNC, 2 guillotine, Omoplata, armbar)
- Five first round finishes
- Owns 2012 win over UFC vet Matt Hobar
- Has won 11 of his last 18 and two of his last four
- Origin of nickname: “It was a high school nickname given by the varsity football players because I wore the number 8. I got in fights at school and became known as ‘Ocho.’”
UFC on ESPN (3/25/23) Peterson lost a three round unanimous decision to Lucas Alexander
UFC Fight Night (2/5/22) Peterson lost a three-round split decision to Julian Erosa
UFC 263 (6/12/21) Peterson won a three round unanimous decision over Chase Hooper
UFC Fight Night (9/21/19) Peterson knocked out Martin Bravo at 1:31 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (7/20/19) Peterson lost a three round unanimous decision to Alex Caceres
UFC Fight Night (3/23/19) Peterson lost a three round unanimous decision to Luis Pena
TUF 27 Finale (7/6/18) Peterson won a three round split decision over Matt Bessette
UFC Fight Night (2/18/18) Peterson lost a three round unanimous decision to Brandon Davis
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 1
Week Seven (8/22/17) Peterson lost a three round split decision to Benito Lopez
TRAINING: I've been grinding day in and day out. All I do is train, teach, rest and train some more.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started fighting in 2007 in McKinney, Texas.
What ranks and titles have you held? Ranked #1 in Texas and the southwest. Loanstar Beatdown 145 title, Fight to Win 145 title, XKO 135 title and Legacy 135 title.
Do you have any heroes? My Dad is my hero. He showed me how to work hard and gave me morals.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Becoming a UFC fighter has been my goal since I started MMA. Once I finally make it, I will be proud to represent the company knowing that I put in the work and it's finally paying off.
What was your job before you started fighting? I set up bounce houses
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Brown belt in BJJ, green white band in Muay Thai
Favorite grappling technique: Armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Face punch