Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2014
- Nine wins by KO, seven by submission (3 guillotine, RNC, 2 armbar, leg scissor choke)
- 12 first round finishes
- Has won 12 of his last 17
- Owns 2014 win over UFC / PRIDE / Pancrase vet Sanae Kikuta
- Origin of nickname: “One of my teachers gave me this name because of my fighting style.”
UFC Fight Night (8/26/23) Song won a three round unanimous decision over Rolando Bedoya
UFC 285 (3/4/23) Song was stopped by Ian Machado Garry via strikes at 4:22 of the third round
UFC on ESPN (3/20/21) Song was knocked out by Max Griffin at 2:20 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (2/22/20) Song knocked out Callan Potter at 2:20 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (8/31/19) Song won a three round unanimous decision over Derrick Krantz
UFC Fight Night (11/25/18) Song lost a three round unanimous decision to Alex Morono
UFC Fight Night (6/23/18) Song stopped Hector Aldana via strikes at 4:45 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (11/25/17) Song knocked out Bobby Nash at :15 of the first round
TRAINING: I normally have two or three training sections a day, five days a week, and on Saturdays, I train in the morning too. Also, I try to get as much rest as possible. I’ve got my teammate Wuliji Buren (UFC bantamweight), who is gonna fight at UFC 227, here to train with me also.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2012 in order to change my lifestyle and chase my passion.
What ranks and titles have you held? CKF 80kg Champion (CKF is China’s local league)
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? The real competition just started.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was a High Speed Train Machinist
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition: 2015 WMMAA Asian MMA Championship Bronze Medal
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine Choke
Favorite Striking technique: Left hook