- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Has competed as an amateur in MMA since 2008, fighting nine times
- Origin of nickname: “It was given to me by a friend well before I began fighting; it’s a personality trait.”
UFC Fight Night (10/15/22) Jackson was knocked out by Pete Rodriguez at 1:33 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (4/23/22) Jackson defeated Dean Barry via disqualification (eye poke) at 3:52 of the first round
UFC 225 (6/9/18) Jackson’s win over CM Punk was overturned due to a positive post-fight drug test for marijuana
UFC Fight Night (2/6/16) Jackson was submitted by Mickey Gall via rear naked choke at :45 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I began training in 2008, simply because I thought it would be fun.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? This is an amazing opportunity in a crazy situation. I hope to use this platform to grow my brand as not only a fighter, but as an MMA media personality.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I attended both Texas A&M University and the University of Houston. Graduated from UH in Dec. 2015 with a degree in Sociology, minor in African American Studies.
What was your job before you started fighting? College student
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 2011 Houston Golden Gloves Champion
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? 4-0 (4 KOs) as a pro boxer; 1-0 (1 KO) as a pro kickboxer.
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine choke
Favorite Striking technique: Flying jabs