Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Woodson vs SaldanaRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Split
Saldana vs SouzaRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
Lingo vs SaldanaRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
- Pro since 2011
- Nine wins by KO, five by submission (2 triangle, 2 RNC, armbar)
- Six first-round finishes
- Owns 2018 win over UFC vet Ramiro Hernandez
- Has also faced Mike Santiago and Justin Lawrence
UFC 278 (8/20/22) Saldana and Sean Woodson fought to a three round split draw
UFC on ESPN (3/26/22) Saldana won a three round unanimous decision over Bruno Souza
UFC on ESPN (8/21/21) Saldana lost a three round unanimous decision to Austin Lingo
UFC on ABC (4/10/21) Saldana won a three round unanimous decision over Jordan Griffin
Episode 8 (11/4/20) Saldana stopped Vince Murdock via strikes at :44 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I had my first boxing match at eight years old. Dad liked the sport and gave my brother and I a chance to try it out.
What ranks and titles have you held? Two different 145-lb titles in local promotions.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s huge for me to be able to compete with the best in world and better my future - it is a dream come true.
What was your job before you started fighting? I’ve worked full-time most of my fighting career. Currently I’m a warehouse worker.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 2009 Iowa Golden Gloves, 3x Silver Gloves in Iowa
Favorite grappling technique: Rear naked choke
Favorite Striking technique: Side kick