Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2013
- Four wins by KO, six by submission (5 RNC, anaconda)
- Five first round finishes
- Began career 3-3. Has gone 14-2 since then.
- Has won seven of his last eight and four in a row
- Origin of nickname: “I've been told I look like a ninja turtle, and I wanted to be as tough as iron. Hence, ‘The Iron Turtle.’ It's also a callback to the Korean ironclad warship, the Turtle Ship.”
UFC on ESPN (7/15/23) Park submitted Albert Duraev via rear naked choke at 4:45 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (2/4/23) Park submitted Denis Tiuliulin via rear naked choke at 4:05 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (10/29/22) Park submitted Joseph Holmes via rear naked choke at 3:04 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (5/21/22) Park won a three round split decision over Eryk Anders
UFC Fight Night (10/23/21) Park was knocked out by Gregory Rodrigues at 3:13 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (5/8/21) Park won a three-round majority decision over Tafon Nchukwi
UFC Fight Night (10/17/20) Park won a three round unanimous decision over John Phillips
UFC Fight Night (12/21/19) Park won a three round unanimous decision over Marc-Andre Barriault
UFC Fight Night (8/31/19) Park was submitted by Anthony Hernandez via anaconda choke at 4:39 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? At 23, I just had a sudden desire to train MMA. There was no reason behind it, it just suddenly seemed cool.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Being in the UFC was my dream, but it's only the beginning of the dream. I came to be a legend, and this is the beginning of my legacy.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was a swimming coach.
Favorite grappling technique: Anaconda choke
Favorite Striking technique: Jab