Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Has fought two pro boxing bouts
- Has won seven of his last 11 (7-3, 1 NC)
- Three wins by KO, three by submission (Triangle, guillotine, RNC)
- Two first round finishes
- Lone pre-UFC loss in 2016 against UFC vet Benito Lopez
UFC Fight Night (12/17/22) Newson lost a three round unanimous decision to Sergey Morozov
UFC 274 (5/7/22) Newson won a three round unanimous decision over Fernie Garcia
UFC Fight Night (9/19/20) Newson was knocked out by Randy Costa at :41 of the first round
UFC 247 (2/8/20) Newson’s knockout win over Domingo Pilarte was overturned to a no contest when Newson failed a post-fight drug test
UFC on ESPN (6/29/19) Newson lost a three round unanimous decision to Ricardo Ramos
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2009 in order to educate myself on fighting. If the situation ever presented itself in the future, I would be prepared. My head coach saw I was a natural and here we are.
What ranks and titles have you held? I am currently ranked #1 in Oregon and #10 in the west. I’ve held the Cagesport pro bantamweight title. BJJ black belt
Do you have any heroes? My dad and head coach
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting in the UFC means a lot to me. It’s all I’ve focused on since my first amateur fight.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked as a truck driver for a local dairy called Alpenrose.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Two-time FCFF amateur champion