Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Nine wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Four first round finishes
- Last pre-UFC bout was October 2019 knockout of UFC vet Cain Carrizosa
- Reported 5-1 amateur record
- Origin of nickname: “I’m from an area in England called the ‘Black Country.’ That name was given to the area by the Queen due to the sky being black with smoke from all the factories. And banger is due to all my wins by KO.”
UFC 286 (3/18/23) Herbert and Ludovit Klein fought to a three round majority draw
UFC Fight Night (7/23/22) Herbert won a three round unanimous decision over Kyle Nelson
UFC Fight Night (3/19/22) Herbert was knocked out by Ilia Topuria at 1:07 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (10/23/21) Herbert stopped Khama Worthy via strikes at 2:47 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/26/21) Herbert was submitted by Renato Moicano via rear naked choke at 4:34 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (7/25/20) Herbert was stopped by Francisco Trinaldo via strikes at 1:30 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training seven years ago, as I’ve always liked MMA, so when a new gym opened up around the corner from my mother’s house I thought I would go down and try a class out. Next thing I know, seven years later I’m in the UFC.
What ranks and titles have you held? I am the former Cage Warriors lightweight champion, which is the most prestigious title to hold in Europe.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s what I’ve trained and fought for over the last seven years, and to finally get in the UFC is amazing, but this now is the start of my legacy.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was a scaffolder for 14 years and I only quit the job a month ago to fully concentrate on my UFC career.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? In my amateur career I won the Combat Challenge British welterweight title and the BCMMA British lightweight title.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ blue belt under Renegade Jiu-Jitsu
Favorite grappling technique: Rear naked choke
Favorite Striking technique: Left hook to the body (liver shot)