Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2009
- 11 wins by KO, two by submission (RNC, arm triangle)
- Four first round finishes
- Has won four of his last seven and three of his last five
- Owns 2012 win over TUF veteran Dane Sayers
- Origin of nickname: “I have quite a few nicknames that have been tossed around. But Bam Bam is the one that really stuck. My family would call me it when I was little because I used to go around wild and hitting stuff; guess I kinda looked like Bam Bam from The Flintstones. So when I started fighting they called me it and it stuck. Crouch says it matches with my fighting style.”
UFC 286 (3/18/23) Barberena was submitted by Gunnar Nelson via armbar at 4:51 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (12/3/22) Barberena was submitted by Rafael Dos Anjos via neck crank at 3:20 of the second round
UFC 276 (7/2/22) Barberena stopped Robbie Lawler via strikes at 4:47 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (3/26/22) Barberena won a three round split decision over Matt Brown
UFC on ESPN (12/4/21) Barberena won a three round unanimous decision over Darian Weeks
UFC on ESPN (7/31/21) Barberena lost a three round majority decision to Jason Witt
UFC Fight Night (9/12/20) Barberena won a three round unanimous decision over Anthony Ivy
UFC Fight Night (6/22/19) Barberena was stopped by Randy Brown via strikes at 2:54 of the third round
UFC on ESPN (2/17/19) Barberena was stopped by Vicente Luque via strikes at 4:54 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (8/25/18) Barberena stopped Jake Ellenberger via strikes at 2:26 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/2/17) Barberena lost a three round unanimous decision to Leon Edwards
UFC Fight Night (4/22/17) Barberena stopped Joe Proctor via strikes at 1:34 of the first round
UFC on FOX (12/17/16) Barberena lost a three round unanimous decision to Colby Covington
UFC 198 (5/14/16) Barberena won a three round unanimous decision over Warlley Alves
UFC on FOX (1/30/16) Barberena submitted Sage Northcutt via arm triangle choke at 3:06 of the second round
UFC 186 (4/25/15) Barberena lost a three-round unanimous decision to Chad Laprise
UFC on FOX (12/13/14) Barberena stopped Joe Ellenberger via strikes at 3:24 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2009. I started because I just enjoyed the challenge of man vs man, putting their abilities to the test to see who comes out on top.
What ranks and titles have you held? DFC 185-lb belt. Ranked #2 at 170lb in MN
Do you have any heroes? My Dad
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means one of my dreams has come true. All the hard work is paying off. After all the sacrifices me and my family have made, it is a huge accomplishment for me and my family and I'm here to stay.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No
What was your job before you started fighting? Building grain bins in the Midwest.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Blue belt in BJJ under John Crouch
Favorite grappling technique: Takedowns
Favorite Striking technique: Punches in bunches