Stats & Records
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Hall vs MunizRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
Muniz vs AndersRound1Time3:13MethodSubmission
Souza vs MunizRound1Time3:59MethodSubmission
- Pro since 2009
- Four wins by KO, 15 by submission (RNC, 4 Armbar, 3 guillotine, 3 triangle, 2 Arm triangle, Peruvian necktie, brabo choke)
- Has won 16 of his last 17 and nine in a row
- 15 first round finishes
- Owns 2014 win over former WEC champion Paulo Filho
- Married and a father of two daughters
UFC 276 (7/2/22) Muniz won a three round unanimous decision over Uriah Hall
UFC 269 (12/11/21) Muniz submitted Eryk Anders via armbar at 3:13 of the first round
UFC 262 (5/15/21) Muniz submitted Jacare Souza via armbar at 3:59 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (9/5/20) Muniz submitted Bartosz Fabinski via armbar at 2:42 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (11/16/19) Muniz won a three round unanimous decision over Antonio Arroyo
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode 7 (8/6/19) Muniz submitted Taylor Johnson via rear naked choke at 1:46 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Brazil
Episode 2 (8/11/18) Muniz won a three round unanimous decision over Bruno Assis
When and why did you start training for fighting? Born in Montes Claros, Minas Gerais, André Muniz was a very active teenager, which made his mother sign him up for Jiu-Jitsu classes to see if he could get calmer and more disciplined. It worked, André fell in love with martial arts, and started practicing Muay Thai too. His first competition happened when he was 15 years old, a white belt championship in Montes Claros. He began practicing MMA at the age of 19, when he asked his teacher at the time to schedule a fight for him.
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ black belt
Do you have any heroes? Lyoto Machida and Demian Maia
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Participating in “Contender Series Brazil” is the opportunity to provide a better life to his wife and daughter.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Physical education
What was your job before you started fighting? Supermarket deliveryman and security guard